In-Car Buttons, Keypads & Rotary Knob Testing
ALPHR Technology is proud to offer premier assembly and testing solutions for touch-sensitive pads, multiple-axis buttons and rotary knobs.
Our comprehensive button testing includes:
- Button actuation response
- Dual function button testing
- Button pressing, button release – with force measurement and distance of travel
- Haptic button testing
- Button illumination testing – on/off, colour and illumination calibration
- Communication with module for full function testing
Rotary knobs are tested with the following methods:
- Encoder operation – data rotation action – controlled rotation
- Rotation torque – with torque measurement
- Measuring peak and trough torque values for each ‘detent’ in a 360 degree, clockwise and anticlockwise rotation with torque as low as 1 mN possible
- Rotary knob button actuation – continuity or data
Climate controls, radio controls, bluetooth inputs and steering wheel-mounted controls all come together to form the interface of the vehicle. It is therefore important to give it a premium feel using durable materials during component selection and design.
Illuminated displays and LCD screens are common with these devices and testing these is another speciality for ALPHR because we have years of experience using vision and display panel testing techniques.
Whether you require a standalone test station or a rotary test machine, our experience in the following areas means you have a wide range of methods to suit your customers’ production requirements:
- Climate control
- In-car entertainment
- Door switches
- Powered seating adjustment
- Integrated steering controls
- Illuminated LED and LCD panels
- Audio control buttons and dials
Contact us today for more information about our automotive button testing procedures.